Friends of the NFHS
Who are the “Friends of the NFHS”?
They are people just like you who want to help the animals in Niagara Falls.
What does the NFHS do?
The NFHS reunites families with stray pets and cares for the stray animals of Niagara Falls. Some of our services include: Adoptions, Humane Education, Community Relations, Pet Visitation, Cruelty Investigations, By-Law Enforcement, Animal Control, Lost & Found, Volunteer/Foster Program.
Where does the money go?
There are a number of places the money could go—you tell us where you would like to help.
- Adoption Programs – Adoptathons, advertising, pet of the week promotions, our website, and keeping in touch with adoptive parents. We can’t adopt them if people don’t know they are here!
- Animal Care & Up-Keep – Your money will assist in funding the food, medical attention and daily needs of the animals at the Centre. This program goes beyond just food and water; it helps us find new ways to enrich their lives. (for example, the creation of the new cat adoption room)
- Behaviour Assessment – This unique program is designed to see how the adoption animal will respond in various situations, provide some training and ways to assist that animal in getting adopted.
- Building and Expansion Fund – We need to become bigger and better each passing year. Help us plan for the future.
- Education – Our education program reaches kids in schools and camps, and helps them understand responsible and humane treatment of animals. Truly, this program invests in the future by instilling the love and understanding of animals at a young age.
- Cage and Kennel Sponsorship – Helps to cover the expenses of caring for the animals throughout the year.
- General Operations – administrative costs, office equipment, computer needs
How can I help?
Become a Friend of the NFHS by giving at a level that is comfortable for you. We are sure that there is an option that fits your lifestyle. It’s easy to assist:
Be an Instant Friend with a one-time contribution (Cash, Cheque, Debit, Credit Card, Paypal).
Be a Constant Companion with a monthly contribution.
Please contact the shelter if you would like to make a contribution to help the animals 905-356-4404 or firstname.lastname@example.org